Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow day


I awoke this morning to the sound of a howling wind and sleet/snow/rain/freezing rain/crap pounding against the window pane. Not good.

Did I go back to sleep? No. I got dressed and went to work.

The drive in wasn't all that bad. Slow goings for sure with some definite patches of ice here and there, but nobody else was on the road at that hour and it wasn't a big deal.

Then we decided to call it a quick day and headed home through the frozen, barren wasteland that somewhat resembled the D/FW metroplex at around 10 o'clock this morning.

It was treacherous to say the least. Sometimes, the local media unnecessarily plays up winter weather events such as today's because weather = ratings. Today was not one of those cases. It was really pretty icy out there.

Thankfully I managed to tailgate behind a couple sand trucks in the process of doing their business and made it home unscathed. I do not like driving on ice.

Not really because I don't trust myself driving on the ice but I think other people are complete morons on the frozen stuff. On the way home I saw more than a few large trucks blow by me coming down I-30.

People, SLOW DOWN.

The other bad part of this weather is going to be the cold. It already feels like the Yukon Territory out there and is easily the coldest weather I have ever been in.

On a side note, I love flannel.

No comments:

Post a Comment