Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Thing About Michael Bryan Young.....

there is no organization whatsoever to the next few paragraphs--Just a few jumbled ramblings of a zealous Ranger fan trying to fake sense of the last couple of days....


It's been a sucky couple of days for the fans of #2/#10. Only a few will remember the days he wore #2 back in 2001 and then unselfishly gave the number to Carl Everett before the start of the 2002 season. The first in a long line of unselfish things this guy has done for the franchise. (Sidenote: in 2002 Carl Everett was paid $8,666,666 - if we want to talk about being overpaid.....but that's another blog)


Do I think Michael B is unhappy? Yes.
Do I think Michael B deserves to be pissed off? Yes.
Do I think this team is better without him? @#*!!*@$**@## NO



While I don't deny that #10 is probably overpaid, how much would you be willing to pay for team chemistry? How much would you pay for leadership in the clubhouse? How much would you pay for humility and character? In baseball terms, is $10 million a year worth that? Because even if he does get traded, rumblings are that we would have to eat at least a good $5-$6 million yearly chunk of his remaining $48 mil.

And yes, I said we. It's no secret that I get emotionally attached to this team. I admit it, but I don't apologize for it. It's the type of attachment and fandom that front offices crave. Granted, the $700 they get from John and I each year doesn't cover the cost of the toilet paper in the clubhouse - but it's an intangible quality of being able to relate to the team as "your own."



Less than 4 weeks from now John and I will be on our way to Surprise, AZ. I do not want to have to leave my #10 tshirts at home.








No comments:

Post a Comment